This year, five projects by ten faculty members of the Intelligent Systems Program received Momentum Funds from the Pitt Office of Research. The Momentum Funds consist of three tiers of grants designed to support projects rooted in scholarship, multidisciplinary work, and research by Pitt faculty members. Awardees of the 32 total funded projects will be celebrated at the Fueling the Future Funding Showcase in September, 2022.
ISP projects include:
Seeding Grant Awards, with funds up to $25,000.
- Improving Health Equity by Analyzing Social Determinants of Health from the Electronic Health Records
- Yanshan Wang (Department of Health Information Management)
- Modeling Driver Situational Awareness in Highly Automated Driving
- Na Du (Department of Informatics & Networked Systems)
- Situated Task-Driven Multimodal Intent Modeling and Applications
- Adriana Kovashka, Diane Litman, Malihe Alikhani, and Rebecca Hwa (Department of Computer Science)
Teaming Grant Awards, with funds up to $60,000.
- Cultural Representativeness in the Principles of AI
- Yu-Ru Lin and Morgan Frank (Department of Informatics and Networked Systems)
Scaling Grant Awards, with funds up to $400,000.
- Center for Text Analytic Methods in Legal Studies
- Kevin Ashley (Intelligent Systems Program) Daqing He (Informatics and Networked Systems), Diane Litman (Department of Computer Science), and Rebecca Hwa (Department of Computer Science)
For more information on this year’s Momentum Fund recipients, visit the Office of Research website.